Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Subject: Baptisms and almost baptismal dates!
Another week full of fun and miraculous missionary work!

My new comp is great! Haha it is a lot of fun to help him get used to the "life of a missionary". Full of waking up at 6 30, studying, planning, and working working and working! We are always moving around and never have time to stop! It is a great life and at the end of the day it is great to realize how many things you have gotten done in a single day! That would have never had the same effect on me at the end of an ordinary back home! Being with a greenie always reminds me of how the habbits that I now have have truly become a way of life for me and I almost don't remember what life was like without them. They are just so simple such as setting goals, but for a new missionary it is completely foreign. It makes me wonder what new things I will have to get used to when I get home? Do they a Return Missionary Training Center? THEY NEED ONE! They should teach us how to live a normal life and how to talk to and flirt with girls! Haha

Anyways this past week we had Voronezh days! It was great! They had a Jet Airplane show for the city and it was awesome! There was a lot of drunk people out that day so we had to be expecially careful and when we tried to go out and work the Senior told us to go back home and change into normal clothes because it was to dangerous. Kinda a weird first day for my new comp but I guess he better get used to weird days because missons are full of them! For example, two days ago I was just goin about the normal day missionary work stuff and I got a call that said that I have to leave and come a neighboring city to work with one Elder because his comp is going on a visa trip. haha :) you really learn how to drop everything you are doing and have planned and just go with the flow an a mission! So right now I am in another city working with the other elder. we are having a great time exploding his area up!!!

We are still seeing miracles in Voronezh! I will tell you one experience that I had this past week. so I don't know if you all remember Gary, but he is from Armenia but is basically russian. He is a boxer. He has a family of three kids and a wife. He is awesome and has such knowledge of the Gospel! Bascially he has taken any situation in life and asked himself the quesiton what would Christ do? AMAZING! So we gave him a Book of Mormon like fourt or five months ago and we have been teaching him and he has been to church a lot. Well the past few weeks he has disappeared because of work problems and family problems. Well he finally has returned! He has read the entire Book of Mormon, the Restored Truth, and Gospel Principles! He has a million questions and wants to more deeply understand our church and doctrine. Haha basically at every lesson he gets so deep and deep and just wants more... so that is what he started doing this last lesson but I cut him off and I just said... " Gary I have one question for you. You have read and studied the Book of Mormon. Do you believe the Book of Mormon is the word of God?" Well, his reaction was hilarious because it was so obvious... he just sat there and looked down and was just so silent for a minute or so and then started talking about something else and so I just stopped him and asked the same question again. "Gary do you believe that the Book of Mormon is the word of God?" He sat there again for a minute and then just blurted out. "Yes of course! A man could not have made this up and come up with these names and all of these events!" Haha then I just opened to the introduction to the book of Mormon where it talks about if the book of Mormon is true then Jesus is the Christ, Joseph Smith is a prophet, and The Church is true! He read it and didn't know what to say. I invited him to get baptized on my last Saturday before I leave and he said that he will pray about it! I know that he will get an answer! He has been searching and has found the truth! He can't deny that he has a testimony!

A mission is awesome! October Liahona is all about the Book of Mormon. You should all take a copy and read it it is amazing! Well I love you all! Remember who you are!

Elder Weihing :)







No comments:

Post a Comment