Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hey!
So actually we got time to write home because we just got back into town! So now I can tell you the story of what happened! So our district here in Voronezh got permission to go help some missionaries in a nearby city because it is a small city where the missionary work is really not doing so great. The city is called Lipetsk. Actually, Elder Anisiforov my old comp that I trained just got called there to be the branch president. Anyways so we went down there and just had a huge crazy hard working day! It was crazy! We left in the morning and when we got there we just went crazy talking to people and preaching in parks and singing hymns at the parks and passing out Book of Mormons and just went all out! It was awesome! Also Elder Bybee my good friend from highschool is serving there. It was bomb! We had a great day and got a lot done... though I felt like I was babysitting a lot of the time because there was 11 missionaries and I was basically the oldest one there... but all in all it worked out great! So we decided to stay down there for P Day and spend some time and so that is what we did. We play sports and had some fun and we also rode a roller coaster. So what you have to understand about Roller Coasters in Russia is that they are just found at some random local park. so you can just be walking through a park and then just see a random roller coaster. But, the roller coasters are what we would consider to be for children. But, we found the ship roller coaster that swings up and down so we went on it. Haha it was pretty dang fun. When we got off a huge camera crew approached us and asked if they could interview us. So we got interviewed for TV and they asked us how Russian Roller Coasters compares to American Roller Coasters.... ya I had no idea what to say because you don't want to offend them but you don't want to lie so the only thing I could say way that the park is really pretty and it was fun... but the roller coasters here are what we consider roller coasters for children in America...... Ya bascially I am hoping that they didn't get offend by that statement! Well overall it has been a really fun week! We have been working hard and finding A LOT! Well Remember who you are and I love you!
Elder Weihing :)
PS -I almost forgot. So there is a sister missionary in our mission named Sister Francom or something like that in English and she is definately from Monticello Utah! Talk about a small world eh! So I don't know if you can find some connection there but I am bascially guessing that we are related! Just for a little FYI :)

No comments:

Post a Comment