Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Well what another crazy week! Right now I am in Lipetsk because I went on splits with them yesterday. Here is serving Elder Bybee, my good highschool friend, and Elder Anisiforov, the missionary I trained a few transfers ago. It was a crazy day of splits! Basically, Elder Bybee is getting a transfer to Kazakhstan and has been waiting for his Kazakh visa for a few weeks and when they finally got the Kazakh visa a few days ago he got really sick and he still isn't better and can't fly to Kazakhstan when he is sick. Also, my companion Elder Eliason is sick. So, I came down here to work with Elder Anisiforov while Elder Eliason and Bybee just try and get better! Now President is having me leave Elder Eliason here for a week in Lipetsk so that he can take Elder Bybee out of here as soon as possible and Elder Bybee's replacement will come next week. So, now I have to go back to Voronezh alone and in a city where we usually have three companionships we are going to only have THREE MISSIONARIES becuase the other three missionaries are either going home or getting transferred! WOW WHAT A CRAZY TRANSFER! I don't even know if what I am explaining makes any sense! Basically if you are confused at this point... welcome to my world!!! All I know is that I am going back to Voronezh and need to figure out the whole companion thing until next Thursday when Elder Eliason comes back.

So here is the adventure for the week! So last week I am asleep at like 11 30 and I get a calm from the Sister Missionaries who live not to far away from us. They were freaking out telling me how they were locked in their apartment. Basically there is this "draft" in Russia which is called skanyak and I guess from what they said is that "skanyak" blew their door shut and the doornob doesn't work from inside the room and so they couldn't get out... basically throughout this whole explanation I am really confused and am thinking that this has to be a dream because it sounds stupid. So, they calm down and we decided to figure things out in the morning. Well, at about 6 45 in the morning they call again and so we go see what is going on. Well go over there and they come out of their balcony and start talking to us. (luckily they have a balcony from the room) We figure out that they can't get out of the room and of course the apartment is locked and they don't have the keys. Luckily, the Frosts (The senior couple in our city), live exatly above the sisters. So we wake them up and start explaining things and we figure out that there are two options... call the landlord or jump from the Frosts balcony down to the Sisters balcony... the first one seems easier right? Well, it turns out that the sisters don't have their landlords number with them in the room and neither does anyone else. So, the only option was jump down. So... who is going to do the jumping down? There is Elder Eliason, Elder Frost (way too old), or me. Well, of course I had to because I figure if I fall from the fourth floor and break my legs at least I am going home soon.. Elder Eliason has an entire mission ahead or him! So, we creat a rope out of some bed sheets, I hold on to one end, and I crawl out the window, and the lower me down to the next story down onto the sisters balcony, and I go open their door for them from the other side... WOW! Where was a camera when you needed one! It was a pretty crazy experience! But, it all worked out great :)

Now for the spiritual story of the week! Well Gary, our investigator from Armenia is doing great! He is still coming to church and he is sincerely and dilegently reading the Book of Mormon and praying about whether the church is true! He is awesome! He has so many questions and so many doubts I never know where to start with him. This is basically how the lesson went this last Sunday... The member and Gary started going deep into all of his questions and they got into this huge conversation about proofs of the Book of Mormon and why this happened and why the Brother of Jared's name isn't in the book and why there are so many wars and just all of this crazy stuff for about 30 minutes and then I finally got a word in and just asked... "Gary, what do you feel and think about when you read the Book of Mormon?" And then he just smiles and says, "the thought has come to my mind whether a man could just come up with all of this and I don't think that he could." EXACLTY WHAT WE WANT! I was able to testify to him that he has a testimony that the book is true. It is always good to have questions and search for answers.. but if doubts arise that is a question that we can always fall back on... Could a man make up such a book? NO! I was able to testily to Gary that God promises to answer his prayer, it is not a promise from us, but a promise from Him. He just smiled because he knew what I was saying was true and went right back into his deep discussion with a ton of questions. Gary has really been working hard to find the truth and I know that he will get an answer! He is amazing!

Well that is about all for this weeks adventures :) Thank you all for your love and support! Remember who you are!

Elder Weihing :)





No comments:

Post a Comment