Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thursday, June 23,2011

What a week! Yesterday one of the Elder from Voronezh went home, which is really weird for me because he was probably one of my best friends on the mish, his name is Elder Harrison from Oklahoma. So, now Elder Eliason and I are with his companion waiting for his new companion to get here. It is pretty dang awesome because he is Ukranian haha. Elder Eliason and I are doing some work out here in Voronezh! We really have some awesome investigators right now! Igor is still set for baptism on July 2, we have a new young guy name Misha who just showed up last week and he already wants to be a missionary, we have Dennis who has a whole family and he is trying to set up a time to let us do family night at their house, and we have Gary who has a million questions but last time I talked to him he said, "The path to God is strait and narrow and I am searching for that path" GREAT! We would love to help you find that path Gary!I had a pretty awesome experience on the street yesterday night. Let me start out by telling you that Russian maps and configuration of their cities is basically... dumb. It makes completely no sense! Yesterday we were looking for a street called Minskaya so the we could visit a member. Well, I found it on the map and we got there and started searching for the home. Well, come to find out there is more than one Minskaya and we just happened to be at the wrong one.. of course! So I had to call up the member and tell him sorry because we weren't going to make it and while I was on the phone I saw one of our old investigators whose number I lost start approaching! His name is Edward and he is Buddhist. He came to church one Sunday and then we never saw him again. So we started talking and he told me that when he came to our church he understood that he was higher than religion. He started explaining God being some energy force and how he answers our prayers through the people that we worship so if we believe in Jesus Christ then he answers us through him but if we believe in Buddha then he answers us through him. He explained that our church was good for 95% of the people in the world, but for him it gives him limits which he doesn't need because he is higher than us and understands this "Energy Force" better than we do. Well, we could have reacted a lot of different ways... laughing, mocking him, getting offended, just saying that he was wrong, arguing with him, really all of these ideas went through my head because what he was saying sounded so absurd! But I took a long pause to think and then I asked the question, "Are you sincerely ready with all of your heart to do what God or this energy force tells you?" He said yes and I could tell that he was sincere. I asked if he had a Book of Mormon and he said yes. So I gave him a commitment to read 3 Nephi 11, ponder, pray to God in the name of Christ with a sincere heart to act on the answer you get, and then really focus on the feelings and thoughts that he gets. He promised to do it. The spirit was really strong at that moment and I was glad I reacted the way that I did. So basically I have been nonstop praying about it hoping that he gets an answer!:) Just another small experience but one that is helping my testimony to grow! What a privilege I have to be a servant of the Lord! Everything is going better than I ever expected! This is the work of God and he leads and guides us to where we need to be and when we need to be there so that those of His lost children can find us, so that we can show faith and open our mouths, so that we can spread the Gospel and find those who are chosen. The Church is true and I know that with all of my soul. Thank you all for you love and prayers! Remember who you are!
Elder Weihing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment